Advanced Search

Author Topic: Old Bohairic Study  (Read 11284 times)

04 January , 2010, 09:59:56 PM
Reply #15

Offline ophadece

• People said thank you: 6

Re: Old Bohairic Study
« Reply #15 on: 04 January , 2010, 09:59:56 PM »
Yes MikeS,
I agree completely with you now. I am glad you saw my point. It is really strange and unique the relationship between Coptic and Greek, that you cannot easily compare to any other relationship between two other languages. Having said that I like the fact that you compared the Latin singing and the few Greek phrases within America. I think that makes sense.
The whole point makes me really in some astonishment as to the plans to unite the Coptic church with the Greek counterpart. This damaged the Coptic language, and lost it its identity. Now the Coptic language is being treated as a foreign-tongued one to the Egyptian tongue, and for that matter the middle Eastern style. If anything it makes me really sad - but I have to admit I may have been one of the supporters of that move; I may have been one who easily yielded in to the muslim pressure and abandoned my language. I think I would have done one of those two, so I don't want to be harsh on anyone. Let's just strive to get across what is right, and God will surely help us. He is the essence of wisdom, of truth, and of honesty (probity if I may use the word).
ⲣⲟⲙⲡⲓ ˋⲙⲃⲉⲣⲓ ϩⲉⲛⲟⲩϥⲓ
ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ ˋⲠϭⲤ
Ⲁⲣⲓϩ̀ⲙⲟⲧ ϣ̀ⲗⲏⲗ ⲉϩⲣⲏⲓ ⲉϫⲱⲛ

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11