Advanced Search

Author Topic: Marcion  (Read 38476 times)

21 February , 2010, 03:04:24 PM
Reply #15

Offline Admin

• Administrator

• People said thank you: 12

• Ⲧⲉⲛⲁⲥⲡⲓ
Marcion
« Reply #15 on: 21 February , 2010, 03:04:24 PM »
Hi,
thanks for your hard work, you did a really good job
but while i was searching for some words, i found this
word: (S,sA) mouout (Sa,A) mout (B) mwout (S) meut- (A) mout- (S) moout= (A) maut= (sA) maout=
  en: {tr:} kill /$gk: [[kteinein, qanatoun, apollunai, anairein, nekroun]]$/ | {intr /*rare*/:}
this word is supposed to mean Dead not Kill

21 February , 2010, 08:13:43 PM
Reply #16

Offline vagrant

• People said thank you: 0

Marcion
« Reply #16 on: 21 February , 2010, 08:13:43 PM »
there are two similat verbs  - "mou" on pg 159 A die (its qualitative and combining with "ref" means "dead") - and 201 A "mouout" to kill - in coptic are very much similarly confusing words, actually i was chesked entire database three times and carefully, and i still find mistakes. if you will see any mistake, tell me again please, thx
« Last Edit: 21 February , 2010, 08:19:37 PM by vagrant »

24 February , 2010, 02:46:30 PM
Reply #17

Offline Admin

• Administrator

• Ⲧⲉⲛⲁⲥⲡⲓ
Marcion
« Reply #17 on: 24 February , 2010, 02:46:30 PM »
Interesting,
Its not common in Bohairic text though (only in book of Ezekiel according to crum)
I'll keep checking if there is anything else
Thanks again for this effort

03 April , 2010, 06:01:24 AM
Reply #18

Offline vagrant

Marcion
« Reply #18 on: 03 April , 2010, 06:01:24 AM »
i have uploaded new release of marcion, coptic database now contains over 7000 words, indexed content over 40 000 items. now is possible for example to search for word 'nobe', 'r nobe' and 'reF r nobe' also, and so on. bohairic new testament is added + some updates. all words are collected into treeview. windows version comes soon. please test newly uploaded files in rc3 directory, try binary archive and build sources, if all is ok, and tell me what do you think. thx, good luck.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/marcion/files/

07 April , 2010, 01:06:13 PM
Reply #19

Offline Admin

• Administrator

• Ⲧⲉⲛⲁⲥⲡⲓ
Marcion
« Reply #19 on: 07 April , 2010, 01:06:13 PM »
any idea how to compile the source code?
no .pro file
qmake and make both don't work :S

07 April , 2010, 02:42:29 PM
Reply #20

Offline vagrant

Marcion
« Reply #20 on: 07 April , 2010, 02:42:29 PM »
you must use scons

Code: [Select]
scons -h
shows how to use parameters, for surety iam putting it here:

Prerequisities:

these packages are necessary, headers and libraries:

* qt4 >= 4.6.0
    * djvulibre >= 3.5.21
    * mysql = 5.1.41     
    * libbzip2 >= 1.0.5 
    * glibc >= 2.9       
    * scons >= 1.2.0     

If you are using binary packages presented in your distro, ensure, that you have also installed "devel" packages with headers.                                                                         

Download source package and unpack it.

tar -xjf marcion_rc3<...>

Download proper gzipped mysql archive for your platform into directory 'depends' and unpack it. Then create symlink 'mysql' targetted on mysql directory. (Tested on version 5.1.41, but newer versions should work also. If you have installed mysql in your os already, you can try use this one.)       

http://downloads.mysql.com/archives.php?p=mysql-5.1&v=5.1.41

example:

cd marcion-src/depends
  wget http://downloads.mysql.com/archives/mysql-5.1/mysql-5.1.41-linux-i686-glibc23.tar.gz
  tar -xzf mysql-5.1.41-linux-i686-glibc23.tar.gz                                         
  ln -sv mysql-5.1.41-linux-i686-glibc23/ mysql                                           

Navigate into directory 'marcion-src' and run scons with these parameters:

qt4lib
    default value "/usr/lib/"
qt4inc                       
    default value "/usr/lib/qt4/include/"
djvulibrelib                             
djvulibreinc                             
    default value "/usr/include/"       
mysqllib                                 
    default value "depends/mysql/lib/"   
mysqlinc
    default value "depends/mysql/include/"
bzip2lib
bzip2inc
glibclib
glibcinc
install
    no value
installdir
    default value "/opt/marcion/"

Assign to each variable correct value. You can also edit file 'SConstruct' and into command beginning with 'd=env.ParseFlags' insert additional flags for compiler.

example: If you have Qt installed in '/opt', GlibC and bzip2 in '/usr', MySql in '/opt/mysql' and DjVuLibre in '/home/user/software' and you want to have Marcion installed into '/home/user/software/marcion', do this:

tar -xjf marcion_rc3-src.tar.bz2
  cd marcion-src
  scons qt4lib=/opt/qt4/lib qt4inc=/opt/qt4/include       djvulibrelib=/home/user/software/djvulibre/lib      djvulibreinc=/home/user/software/djvulibre/include      mysqllib=/opt/mysql/lib mysqlinc=/opt/mysql/include         install installdir=/home/user/software/marcion

Use scons -H for help about command-line options.

important: qt >= 6.0 is necessary for binary tarball, with lesser versions finish with "segmentation fault" - if you have qt 6.0 installed in atypic place, in /opt/qt6 for example, type

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/qt6/lib ./marcion
dont forget prepare mysql as tells you scons -h

10 April , 2010, 09:07:32 PM
Reply #21

Offline Admin

• Administrator

• Ⲧⲉⲛⲁⲥⲡⲓ
Re: Marcion
« Reply #21 on: 10 April , 2010, 09:07:32 PM »
Now compiling it is becoming complicated too :S
and I am unable to install scons :S
PS:
Why Have you wrote the Coptic words in Latin letters instead of Coptic letters?

10 April , 2010, 09:53:43 PM
Reply #22

Offline vagrant

« Reply #22 on: 10 April , 2010, 09:53:43 PM »
i cannot believe that install dcons can be any problem - all lixux distros have it precompiled among packages. scons is great, multiplatform, easy to use. iam not sure why you cannot use binary package of marcion, probably you have macintosh - tell me which platform you have and your os. concerning of writing of coptic words, main advantage is fast writing without switching keyboard, and because uf i started creating database in latin1 charset, and later i remake it into utf8. but you are right, makefile and .pro files should be in source package also. i will prepare new one for "non-scons-loving" users :)

11 April , 2010, 01:31:32 AM
Reply #23

Offline Admin

• Administrator

• Ⲧⲉⲛⲁⲥⲡⲓ
« Reply #23 on: 11 April , 2010, 01:31:32 AM »
yea that would be nice (always try to reduce your program's dependency as much as you can)
also the unicode database will be a great addition so that I can try to integrate it with koptionary
PS:
I use Gentoo linux, and i have dependency problem with scons (some of its dependency is blocked0

11 April , 2010, 04:49:34 AM
Reply #24

Offline vagrant

« Reply #24 on: 11 April , 2010, 04:49:34 AM »
gentoo is great, good choice - source based distros are best. so, in that case, you should be able to use binary package of marcion

http://sourceforge.net/projects/marcion/files/rc3/marcion_rc3-linux-x86.tar.bz2/download

just unpack and run. as i mentioned before,

important: qt >= 6.0 is necessary for binary tarball, with lesser versions finish with "segmentation fault" - if you have qt 6.0 installed in atypic place, in /opt/qt6 for example, type

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/qt6/lib ./marcion

if you havent qt6.0 on your computer, fastest way is to do this: download latest qt sdk from http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/sdk-linux-x11-32bit-cpp, where is qt precompiled, install into /opt, move into marcion's directory and execute

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/qtsdk-2009.05/qt/lib/ ./marcion
anyway, iam preparing now svn code, this will be the best solution for you, there are many new features. there will be your beloved makefiles also. concerning scons, if you cannot install it through package manager, just download it from developers
http://www.scons.org/download.php
to install it is very easy, prerequisity is only python

about coptic characters in database, it is complicated for me made that radical change of functionality of marcion, better way is that i will convert for you its content. but database is not still finished, iam completing words with following prepositions and adverbs now (20-40 days remaining). if you wish have it now, iam possible to do that conversion during one day.

11 April , 2010, 08:16:38 PM
Reply #25

Offline vagrant

« Reply #25 on: 11 April , 2010, 08:16:38 PM »
so, code in svn repository is prepared.

checkout them by

svn co https://marcion.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/marcion marcion
if you still have no functional scons, build dependencies ibycus and djview through qmake/make , then main application. then copy mysql/data from source or binary tarball into marcion/mysql, and mysql-5.1.41-linux-i686-glibc23/share directory from mysql 5.1.41  into marcion/mysql/, so mysql now contains directories data, share, and file my.cnf. and run marcion.

if you have scons installed now, what is more easier way, just run scons with parameters as tells outpit from

scons -h
then move directory mysql/data from source or binary tarball of marcion into newly installed marcion/mysql (directory 'share' is copied automatically by scons during installation process)

now you have marcion with all features, including simple tlg reader.

15 April , 2010, 10:35:56 PM
Reply #26

Offline vagrant

« Reply #26 on: 15 April , 2010, 10:35:56 PM »
no answer, so still problems i think ... anyway, i upgraded code in svn, code can be downloaded and builded by transparent and easy way now, if you wish read help here and try. http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Marcion#SVN

15 April , 2010, 10:51:25 PM
Reply #27

Offline Admin

• Administrator

• Ⲧⲉⲛⲁⲥⲡⲓ
« Reply #27 on: 15 April , 2010, 10:51:25 PM »
no there isn't problems,  i am just having some changes in my career that is keeping me busy those days
but it should take long, and i will try to test as fast as possible

20 April , 2010, 08:20:39 PM
Reply #28

Offline vagrant

« Reply #28 on: 20 April , 2010, 08:20:39 PM »
current database of Marcion in utf8 - but not finished yet

p.s. i hope that you will solve your career successfully

28 April , 2010, 12:20:03 AM
Reply #29

Offline vagrant

« Reply #29 on: 28 April , 2010, 12:20:03 AM »
hi moheb

in the beginning i must thank you, your web was one from first sources, where i started learn coptic. esp coptic layout for X11 is very useful, and many others things. dictionary in marcion is completely based on crum for now. it is not finished yet, but after reaching of some point, i have plan to extend coptic database by words contained in text, which were unknown in that time, mainly NH library. for this tasks i have not enough experiences yet, many aspects of my work are not perfect, but with power of god iam still evolving myself. iam edit this database through marcion, just turn on edit mode in settings and try it. for more detailed instruction study source codes, esp. functions

QString CWordTemplate::formatw(QString const & str, bool brackets)
QString CCrumResultTree::format(QString const & str, bool greek, bool brackets)

on your question
Did you edit the complete data base yourself?
i was answered already to admin here  :-o-o-: http://kame.danacbe.com/index.php/topic,271.msg1729.html#msg1729
this database can use, edit and publish everyone for spiritual purposes

thanks for your interest, good luck :)

p.s. dont forget to apply last patch from project page, folder rc3/patches for some updates + import actual database from extras/crum-data
« Last Edit: 28 April , 2010, 12:38:50 AM by vagrant »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11