Our Coptic language > Ask

English to Coptic?

(1/4) > >>

Ellomy:
Hello, could anyone help me translate this sentence into Coptic?

"Men, who must live to explore the art of mathematics and chase perfect knowledge, must also find cooperation amongst themselves for as long as they inhabit their bestial flesh."

Admin:
Can't even translate it to my mother tongue.
Can you write it in a very simplified English?

Ellomy:
Sure, I will try.

"Human beings, who must explore the art of mathematics and chase perfect knowledge, must also find a way to cooperate with each other, at least for as long as human beings exist as beasts, living in flesh and bone."

Does that make it a little easier?

Admin:
Ⲛⲓⲣⲱⲙⲓ ⲛⲏⲉⲧⲕⲱϯ ⲛⲥⲁ ⲡⲓⲉⲙⲓ ˋⲙⲙⲉⲧⲱⲡ ⲛⲉⲙ ⲡϫⲓⲛⲥⲱⲟⲩⲛ ⲉⲧϫⲏⲕ ⲉⲃⲟⲗ ⲥeϣⲉ ⲟⲛ ˋⲛⲧⲟⲩ.ⲥⲱⲟⲩⲛ ˋⲉˋⲉⲣϩⲱⲃ ⲛⲉⲙ ⲛⲟⲩⲉⲣⲏⲟⲩ  [as long as] ⲥⲉ ϣⲟⲡ ϧⲉⲛ ⲛⲟⲩⲥⲱⲙⲁ
humans who seek knowledge of (calculations) and the complete knowledge they should also know to work with each others as long as they live in their bodies/flesh

Couldn't find equivalent to "as long as" usually we use the negative version "until"

Ellomy:
Oh ok, very interesting.  Thank you so much.

So if I could revise it slightly, how would you rephrase it if it was:

"Humans, who should/must seek knowledge of calculations and thus of complete knowledge, should/must also know how to work with each other until they no longer live in their flesh."

Is there a word for "must?"  Must, meaning "to be required to do."

Also thank you for the English translation you put just below it; that was very helpful.  Ϯϣⲉⲡϩ̀ⲙⲟⲧ ⲛ̀ⲧⲟⲧⲕ.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go to full version