Advanced Search

Author Topic: new project targetted on learnig coptic  (Read 9865 times)

22 September , 2009, 06:46:44 PM
Read 9865 times

Offline vagrant

• People said thank you: 0

new project targetted on learnig coptic
« on: 22 September , 2009, 06:46:44 PM »

25 September , 2009, 05:43:58 PM
Reply #1

Offline Admin

• Administrator

• People said thank you: 12

• Ⲧⲉⲛⲁⲥⲡⲓ
Re: new project targetted on learnig coptic
« Reply #1 on: 25 September , 2009, 05:43:58 PM »
Compilation failed under linux
Code: [Select]
Fri  2:42 marcion $ qmake
WARNING: Found potential symbol conflict of messages.cpp (src/messages.cpp) in SOURCES
WARNING: Found potential symbol conflict of messages.h (src/messages.h) in HEADERS
WARNING: Found potential symbol conflict of settings.cpp (src/settings.cpp) in SOURCES
WARNING: Found potential symbol conflict of settings.h (src/settings.h) in HEADERS
WARNING: Found potential symbol conflict of addword.cpp (src/addword.cpp) in SOURCES
WARNING: Found potential symbol conflict of addword.h (src/addword.h) in HEADERS
WARNING: Found potential symbol conflict of wordpreview.cpp (src/wordpreview.cpp) in SOURCES
WARNING: Found potential symbol conflict ....................

28 September , 2009, 08:33:47 PM
Reply #2

Offline vagrant

« Reply #2 on: 28 September , 2009, 08:33:47 PM »
hi, be patient please, i will release soon sources with scons builder scripts, and windows installer also. actual release is really difficult to build.

29 September , 2009, 09:30:12 AM
Reply #3

Offline vagrant

« Reply #3 on: 29 September , 2009, 09:30:12 AM »
sources with scons builder are released, it works nice.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/marcion/files/

30 September , 2009, 02:11:07 PM
Reply #4

Offline Admin

• Administrator

• Ⲧⲉⲛⲁⲥⲡⲓ
« Reply #4 on: 30 September , 2009, 02:11:07 PM »
GREAT WORK MAN
That was very nice, glad you made it with Qt so that it will benefit not windows users but also Linux/Unix and Mac
The following is my review
  • setting the database connection (specifying the username & password) was not a clear process (i was expecting to set the database settings from "database" menu not from "dictionary" menu)
  • importing the sql file took long time and at the end gave an error
ERROR 1418 (HY000) at line 560: This function has none of DETERMINISTIC, NO SQL, or READS SQL DATA in its declaration and binary logging is enabled (you *might* want to use the less safe log_bin_trust_function_creators variable)
  • Searching in the dictionary didn't work (not sure if that's because of the error above)
  • choosing Open TLG/PHI made the application crash with the following error   what():  Couldn't open file: /mnt/data/Downloads/RAR/Tlg/TLG-E (Greek Texts)/AUTHTAB.DIR
  • The application only pays attention to Sahidic (not bug but wish if it can be extended to include Bohairic also)
  • when trying to open book, the open dialog has default extension set to *.txt
some warnings appeared on my terminal like
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionAdd_html_book_triggered()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_tab_close(QWidget*)
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_settings_fontChanged(QFont)
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_preview_close(QWidget*)
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_preview_close(QWidget*)

other than that, the application is great I like the way it indexes crum, displaying djvu files, grammar books, viewing the bible and even other Coptic texts
Good work really

30 September , 2009, 08:50:41 PM
Reply #5

Offline vagrant

« Reply #5 on: 30 September , 2009, 08:50:41 PM »
That error 1418 indicates, that you have all data succesfully imported, but not routines. For this reason you are not able search in dictionary. Probably you see in messages window output like this:

executing query select * from `coptwrd` where compare_d(`word`,'swtm',1,511,1) order by `crum` limit 0,50 ...
FUNCTION marcion.compare_d does not exist QMYSQL: Unable to execute query
ERROR.

download attached file and use 'restore' command from menu 'database', or

bash $> mysql -u marcion marcion -p < marcion-routines.txt
on 99% this will fix the problem and you will have this application with full functionality.
If you are disturbed by Qt output on console, run marcion as
bash $> bin/marcion &>/dev/null
output is not important.

You can read TLG/PHI works only if you have that database, and you have correctly set up paths in 'settings/TLG/PHI'. about TLG read here: http://www.tlg.uci.edu/ . Also read .pdf in doc/ directory.

In this time i work on data in cotic dictionary randomly, and with sahidic words only. Soon i will work on it systematically. and all words in all dialect will be there. About texts - on individual purpose i can prepare .sql files with desired texts. In future i prepare small guide, how to anyone can to add his preferred texts.

Iam very glad, that you are interest by my work and you are experienced on unix platform and MySql too. That is really not common phenomen. So, congratulations, you are first user of Marcion. good luck.

p.s.
you can use this forum for help and troubleshooting (also you can, if possible, to copy this your post as new topic in this forum for other users, who have the same problems)
https://sourceforge.net/projects/marcion/forums/forum/1008436
and this for any discussion, or critic, ideas how to make Marcion better, and anything else.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/marcion/forums/forum/1008435

01 October , 2009, 01:50:00 PM
Reply #6

Offline Admin

• Administrator

• Ⲧⲉⲛⲁⲥⲡⲓ
« Reply #6 on: 01 October , 2009, 01:50:00 PM »
Still there is a problem
executing command "mysql --host=127.0.0.1 --port=3306 --user=root --password=**** Marc" with input file"/home/****/Desktop/x/marcion/data/backup/marcion-routines.sql" ...

exit code: 0
OK.
executing query select * from `coptwrd` where compare_d(`word`,'ⲁⲛⲟⲕ',1,511,1) order by `crum` limit 0,50 ...
There is no 'marcion'@'localhost' registered QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement
ERROR.
Of course there is no 'marcion'@'localhost' and the application shouldn't require me to have specific user in my database I want to use "root" user
I could make post in your forum as soon as the problem is resolved
so that I just post the question and u post the solution.

01 October , 2009, 07:53:09 PM
Reply #7

Offline vagrant

« Reply #7 on: 01 October , 2009, 07:53:09 PM »
Yes, here is problem. From security reasons routine cannot be executed, if creator is nonexistent. Simply add user marcion and his access rights (as is mentoned in .pdf).

mysql> create user 'marcion' identified by 'marcion';
mysql> grant all on *.* to 'marcion' identified by 'marcion';
(that create user 'marcion' with password 'marcion' and grants him all privileges)
now routines will be executable. (you can log now as root or marcion also, doesnt matter)

also next soulution is possible:

Manually rewrite content of file 'marcion-routines.sql' and replace each name of creator by root. Then import again. (edited file is uploaded)

(but the first one will works)

01 October , 2009, 08:09:12 PM
Reply #8

Offline vagrant

« Reply #8 on: 01 October , 2009, 08:09:12 PM »
... and, iam little confused by your part of output
where compare_d(`word`,'ⲁⲛⲟⲕ',1,511,1)where word is shown in coptic font, no transcription here. that means probably, that you are using unicode input, from clipboard or coptic keymap. unfortunately, this not work yet. only text transcribed in latin you can use here, so type 'anok' not 'ⲁⲛⲟⲕ'. i will fix it soon.

04 October , 2009, 06:10:29 PM
Reply #9

Offline Admin

• Administrator

• Ⲧⲉⲛⲁⲥⲡⲓ
« Reply #9 on: 04 October , 2009, 06:10:29 PM »
executing query select * from `coptwrd` where compare_d(`word`,'ⲁⲛⲟⲕ',1,511,1) order by `crum` limit 0,50 ...
COLLATION 'latin1_general_cs' is not valid for CHARACTER SET 'utf8' QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement
ERROR.

04 October , 2009, 08:34:19 PM
Reply #10

Offline vagrant

« Reply #10 on: 04 October , 2009, 08:34:19 PM »
Thats it, dont type in coptic font, but latin only, (viz prev. message) look at into pdf in doc/ directory on tables how to transcribe letters into latin. soon i will upload new sources, without that insufficiency.

Dont type into query ⲁⲛⲟⲕ, ⲧⲱⲣⲡ, ⳓⲟⲙ ... but anok, twrp, Gom .

05 October , 2009, 12:28:44 PM
Reply #11

Offline Admin

• Administrator

• Ⲧⲉⲛⲁⲥⲡⲓ
« Reply #11 on: 05 October , 2009, 12:28:44 PM »
executing query select * from `coptwrd` where compare_d(`word`,'anok',1,511,1) order by `crum` limit 0,50 ...
COLLATION 'latin1_general_cs' is not valid for CHARACTER SET 'utf8' QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement
ERROR.

05 October , 2009, 04:35:23 PM
Reply #12

Offline vagrant

« Reply #12 on: 05 October , 2009, 04:35:23 PM »
these routines will work, my mistake

05 October , 2009, 04:50:17 PM
Reply #13

Offline Admin

• Administrator

• Ⲧⲉⲛⲁⲥⲡⲓ
« Reply #13 on: 05 October , 2009, 04:50:17 PM »
Nice, except that "já" is not english
Since you are working on the dictionary
Wouldn't it be better to help in this project instead
http://danacbe.com/Wiki/index.php
http://danacbe.com/Wiki/index.php/%E2%B2%81%E2%B2%83%E2%B2%B1
Then we can integrate the two parts together so that your application search in this wiki (online) or I can give you the data of this wiki to use it with your application offline (this data will be published anyway I am just waiting until we have data worth of publishing)
there is a dedicated section in the forum for the dictionary project
http://kame.danacbe.com/index.php/board,13.0.html

Other than that, you application is great
I am a Qt Developer, so I can help if you would like to (hopefully u will do the same and help us with the wiki dictionary)

05 October , 2009, 06:36:01 PM
Reply #14

Offline vagrant

« Reply #14 on: 05 October , 2009, 06:36:01 PM »
yes, this is very good, thank you. I have no experience with wiki, but this is very good idea.

Here are new sources, searching in dictionary can be now latin and coptic also, all problems were removed. Thank you for help.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/marcion/files/

If you wanna to made any upgrade, you are welcome. I will examine carefully your wiki.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11