Projects > Coptic Wiki Dictionary

Displaying the examples of a specific word in the wiki page

<< < (2/5) > >>

FadyRaafat:
we must first take care of something
1. some words have more than one meaning so we must give example for every meaning
2. these examples must be documented I mean it must have source like example from the bible or any well known grammatical book or any coptic text or manuscript
3. we must add the reference of every word or example we got

Finally, I think we must add example as most as we can to illustrate the meaning
        Some words have alternative word with the same meaning such as: [ CAWON = to know AMI = to know ] I am sure their is slight difference between these two words so if we have enough examples we can figure out the difference.

mariag:

--- Quote from: FadyRaafat on 20 October , 2009, 05:22:41 PM ---1. some words have more than one meaning so we must give example for every meaning
--- End quote ---
So we felt that adding words in separate pages makes sense if they have different entries in Crum, even if they have the same spelling. Generally words grouped within an entry in crum are pretty close in meaning. IF you have suggestions or ideas, do feel free to share!

--- Quote from: FadyRaafat on 20 October , 2009, 05:22:41 PM ---2. these examples must be documented I mean it must have source like example from the bible or any well known grammatical book or any coptic text or manuscript
3. we must add the reference of every word or example we got
--- End quote ---
So far all the examples that have been put in are from the bible, so the verse number is recorded.

--- Quote from: FadyRaafat on 20 October , 2009, 05:22:41 PM ---Some words have alternative word with the same meaning such as: [ CAWON = to know AMI = to know ] I am sure their is slight difference between these two words so if we have enough examples we can figure out the difference.

--- End quote ---
this would fall under similar or related words... which i guess we haven't really discussed the process of identifying yet, but should be developed further as the coptionary grows :)

so it seems you are a proponent of many examples?

ET:
I suggest that maybe you should make sample pages, one for each opinion.

I think that a webpage is flexible enough to have examples and still be presentable. It's just a matter of organization. Maybe after you make that demo page, and receive enough feedback, you'd be able to come up with a design that fits all the needs, wether it is academic contents or tidyness.

vagrant:

--- Quote from: mariag on 19 October , 2009, 10:48:03 PM ---take a look at this entry (http://danacbe.com/Wiki/index.php/ⲁⲓⲁⲓ), for example.. do you think it's too crowded with the examples?

--- End quote ---

yes, that looks ideally. i think, this will be excellent diictionary. iam glad, that so much peoples understand to importance of coptic language for spiritual knowledge.

mariag:
To work on the coptionary, you can to to http://danacbe.com/Wiki and create an account :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go to full version