Advanced Search

Author Topic: Translating christian terms  (Read 2941 times)

15 August , 2011, 03:50:09 AM
Read 2941 times

Offline minamina

• People said thank you: 0

Translating christian terms
« on: 15 August , 2011, 03:50:09 AM »
 `ⲕⲙⲉⲩ`ⲓ `ⲉ ⲟⲩ ⲉϣⲱⲡ ϯⲃⲉⲗ `ⲉⲃⲟⲗ " ⲡⲓⲙⲟⲛⲟⲅⲉⲛⲏⲥ "  `ⲉ  " ⲡⲓⲗⲁⲟⲩⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ ⲡⲓⲑⲟ"
   ⲓⲉ " ⲡⲓⲗⲁⲟⲩⲁⲓ `ⲙⲡⲓⲑⲟ "
« Last Edit: 15 August , 2011, 07:36:31 PM by minamina »

15 August , 2011, 03:55:52 AM
Reply #1

Offline Admin

• Administrator

• People said thank you: 12

• Ⲧⲉⲛⲁⲥⲡⲓ
« Reply #1 on: 15 August , 2011, 03:55:52 AM »
Translating Christian terms from Greek to Coptic is like translating computer terms from English to Arabic.
ϯⲙⲉⲩⲓ ϫⲉ ⲥϣⲉ ⲛⲧⲉⲛⲭⲁⲥ ⲙⲡⲉⲥⲣⲏϯ

15 August , 2011, 05:20:25 AM
Reply #2

Offline minamina

• People said thank you: 0

« Reply #2 on: 15 August , 2011, 05:20:25 AM »
well...may be you are right.....But knowing the synonyms in different languages and dialects is a great thing
also it's good to make use of the fertility of the coptic language, and not just accepting the foreign words ,even new words like cinema , TV etc...we can use them beside finding a coptic equivalent to them.....languages like chinese and even deutsch use equivalents to the new terms....like in deutsch cinema= kino .....

and by the way i found in a post, someone using ⲉⲛϫⲗⲁⲛⲇ refering to UK (England) , so why he didn't use ⲉⲛⲅⲉⲗⲧⲉⲣⲁ instead, did he use the name of the country as its people call it ? ..... but  asking a greek friend , he told me that UK in old greek was " Tin Island " as it was famous for this metal specially for Phoenician . and also the word England means " land of Angles " ( Angles is a name of a tribe lived there)...
what I want to say is that coptic language is very elastic , and unique in the structure of its words , so let's be worthy of knowing it  , and resurrecting it as i think what this site for !!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11