Projects > Coptic Wiki Dictionary

New Editors' Rules?

<< < (2/2)

Anok:
I see what you mean now. I was following Wikipedia, but even Wiktionary uses lower-case.

Wiktionary also has a Coptic section now, but it is even smaller than ours, and more inaccurate - they have the entry Ⲁⲏⲟⲕ instead of Ⲁⲛⲟⲕ, for example... and they even say how to pronounce it like "aeok."

But I also noticed that Wiktionary can tell the difference between capitalized and uncapitalized Coptic letters. Is there any way to bring this functionality to our wiki?

Admin:
I suppose if I update my media wiki to its latest version it will also support Coptic unicode better.
The current version is pretty old and upgrading it would take some effort which I don't mind doing but not when we only have 10 entries or less

Anok:
Well it is not a huge issue for now. I just need to create twice as many entries to keep the wiki searchable, as long as it thinks capital and non-capital letters are different. But those pages only have 1 line each, so it is not very time-consuming.

I will continue making more entries. If pages will be made unnecessary with better Unicode support, I will put them in a new Category. When you update, let me know, and I will see if the problem is fixed before deleting the unnecessary pages.

Admin:
I'd say don't bother with the redirection page.
Creation of pages with lowercase can be automated.
Deletion of pages with lowercase can also be automated (and even check first to make sure the page has no more than one or two lines)
Don't worry about technical issues

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go to full version