Projects > General

Suggestions

(1/4) > >>

Remnkemi:
Here is what we should do to improve this site.

1. A Dictionary/Lexicon. Start a mini dictionary, preferably in a database format. Each person can add a word, if needed. Or they can request a translation, when someone gets the translation, add it to the dictionary. Each record or entry needs to have a. the root word. b. the tense. c. the article (masculine or feminine or plural). d. verb tense (if it is a verb). e. related words (spelling variants seen throughout Coptic). f. If it is a neologism (in other words, did someone create this word by combining words, since there is no Coptic equivalant).

2. Translation requests. As mentioned above, be diligent about answering request

3. Lessons. Maybe this isn't suitable for a forum, but it should be somewhere.

4. Articles on Coptic. I got plenty of those.

Admin:

--- Quote ---3. Lessons. Maybe this isn't suitable for a forum, but it should be somewhere.
--- End quote ---
This one is already exist in Kami resources sections
http://kame.danacbe.com/index.php?topic=4.0
The only problem is that the website hosting this files (lessons) is currently down  :(
And this forum won't allow u to attach any file bigger than 2MB

--- Quote ---4. Articles on Coptic. I got plenty of those.
--- End quote ---
if it is about the old Bohairic Pronounciation then u can add it to the first section
http://kame.danacbe.com/index.php?board=1.0
and I will add another section for the General articles (thank you for your note)

--- Quote ---1. A Dictionary/Lexicon. Start a mini dictionary, preferably in a database format. Each person can add a word, if needed. Or they can request a translation, when someone gets the translation, add it to the dictionary. Each record or entry needs to have a. the root word. b. the tense. c. the article (masculine or feminine or plural). d. verb tense (if it is a verb). e. related words (spelling variants seen throughout Coptic). f. If it is a neologism (in other words, did someone create this word by combining words, since there is no Coptic equivalant).

2. Translation requests. As mentioned above, be diligent about answering request

--- End quote ---
This is a Prefect idea and I can add suggestion to it
u can have a smal pice of software in your computer that connect to the main database so that you can search/add/browse the dictionary without opening a single webpage [but still u can use the oridnary webbased way]
But the only problem is the limitation of this webhosting
it gives me only 2MB database quarter of it already used, but in the futhure [arshan ebnoody wosh ] I will move to  a paid host and begin to do this idea

thank you  and keep posting your good suggestions
and i am sorry for the current limitations of this forum  :'(

Admin:
about the Coptic Dictionary I have began the project (thanks to your suggestion) http://kame.danacbe.com/index.php?topic=19.0

Anok:
I think there should be a project dedicated to "Publicity and Revitalization," for actively spreading Coptic and its correct teaching.

For example, Coptic needs to be made "cool" in Egypt in order to get Egyptians to want to learn it.... and the correct old Bohairic pronunciation needs to be made more widely known, if possible.

So I think that the project could focus on ways to expose Coptic language (separate from just Coptic Christianity) to the media in a positive way, and to convince the current teachers of Coptic of the value of accurate teaching. We could also think of creative ways to get more active members on this website / forum.

Thoughts?

Anaksunamun:

--- Quote from: Anok on 31 May , 2014, 07:15:13 AM ---
I think there should be a project dedicated to "Publicity and Revitalization," for actively spreading Coptic and its correct teaching.

For example, Coptic needs to be made "cool" in Egypt in order to get Egyptians to want to learn it.... and the correct old Bohairic pronunciation needs to be made more widely known, if possible.

So I think that the project could focus on ways to expose Coptic language (separate from just Coptic Christianity) to the media in a positive way, and to convince the current teachers of Coptic of the value of accurate teaching. We could also think of creative ways to get more active members on this website / forum.

Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

Haha! I wish. There's a lot of problems with trying to change an entire language. First of, I've always been rather bothered by the fact that originally Arabic was forced upon the ancient Egyptians during the turn of the century, as Arabic is not the original language nor culture but everyone has converted to Islamic (sub)culture and a majority of people will now refuse to convert as Arabic is associated with religion.

It seems this will never change. But I do always suggest people to embrace their origins and embrace where they come from... I think Christianity has assisted in the negatively associated with ancient Egyptian religion, the Bible doesn't speak very highly of ancient Egypt with the paganism - this might scare a lot of devout religious people because they will feel they are betraying. Though of course this is speculation and just my opinion.
Many cultures started out pagan and ended up with a more modern society, for example Greeks, Romans, Chinese...

I personally believe the original way of Egyptian culture, language and way of life was absolutely beautiful and it's quite sad that it wasn't developed properly the way Arabic, or the romance languagelanguages evolved into what it is today. There's only remnants of the ancient world hidden in Egyptian Arabic, hopefully one day there will be a new birth but I personally don't see that ever happening.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go to full version