Projects > General

Suggestions

<< < (3/4) > >>

ophadece:
Because the Egyptians are too lazy, hold no value for their roots and even if they try they are vigorously met with the oppression and suppression from powers that be to discourage them.. some Coptologists do but again only met with difficulties and never carry on..
oujai khan ebshois

Anok:
Ⲛⲟϥⲣⲓ, Ophadece,

Can you tell us more about why Egyptians feel this way, which powers are suppressing Coptic roots and (more importantly) why you believe they are doing this suppression?

Also, are you Egyptian? If so, why do you value your roots? I would like to hear from anyone else who reads this their reasons for appreciating this language or original Egyptian culture, in any way.

I would gladly help come up with creative solutions to Egypt's apparent image problem, but I know that I need to understand what is going on in the culture much more deeply in order to do so.

Anaksunamun, have you seen this?

Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ

Anaksunamun:

--- Quote from: Anok on 16 January , 2015, 08:19:46 AM ---Ⲛⲟϥⲣⲓ, Ophadece,

Can you tell us more about why Egyptians feel this way, which powers are suppressing Coptic roots and (more importantly) why you believe they are doing this suppression?

Also, are you Egyptian? If so, why do you value your roots? I would like to hear from anyone else who reads this their reasons for appreciating this language or original Egyptian culture, in any way.

I would gladly help come up with creative solutions to Egypt's apparent image problem, but I know that I need to understand what is going on in the culture much more deeply in order to do so.

Anaksunamun, have you seen this?

Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ

--- End quote ---

I will also be more glad to help too with anything :)
And no I have not seen this! Thank you for the link. I have some other files but not this one. So very interesting to read things like this.
I don't understand the image problem in Egypt either. Only thing I can think of would be that Islam is directly connected to the Arabic language (in example the Qaran), in the middle east this is the religion of choice and if a group of people try to restore a different mentality than it would be against their faith and they would feel the need to stop it. This is just my assumption but it would be nice to know what true Egyptians feel.

ophadece:
Dear Anok and Anaksunamun,
Anaksunamun hit the nail on the head. I am an Egyptian but I don't live in Egypt anymore.. I can tell you that when I am talking about the powers suppressing Copts and the use of the Coptic language I mean no environment is created for such opportunities to arise and the enthusiasts are discouraged, including the  non-Christian Coptologists. In the eras of the past Christians were tortured for using the Coptic language. Arabic became the official language and people could not speak any other language.. I hope I am clear..
oujai khan ebshois

Anok:
You are clear.

I wonder what you think about the idea of a kind of neo-Pharaonism or specifically Egyptian identity? Do you think that this could realistically help to 1) support the appreciation of Egyptian roots and possibly even 2) help bridge sectarian differences by establishing a greater sense of Egyptian identity?

This article seems like a fair assessment of the idea, what do you think?

Do you think that attitudes such as this may become more popular in time?

Or do you think that this is utterly the wrong way to go about things?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go to full version