Our Coptic language > Support

Suggestion

(1/5) > >>

Ahmesis:
Oujai
First of all I would like to thank the administrator for his interesting forum on Kimi, the cherished country, though minor details I want to point out in order to better propagate the site and retain its importance.
I am at a loss for words as to the interesting topics and articles posed in this site but am sorry to stress out its near sterility (as to the language used mostly in the forum) in accordance with the functionality of its post by means of the internet.
And this lies within the usage of Arabic in treating the various documents. I do agree that most of us do not speak English but we could make an effort.
I am an Egyptian myself but stray from documenting my knowledge in Arabic due to its scientific impotence in handling matters believed to be first and foremost humanitarian. The Coptic language is a humanistic language to the first degree. I consider it, personally the mother of all languages, be that French or Italian etc. Arabic falls, of course, in this category, but we, as Egyptians, have been misled by the current Arabic mentality that scours our scope of thinking freely. The usage of a foreign tongue, other than Arabic, could bring us a step forward in dealing with language in a true patriotic sense globally.
My second suggestion is to open links within the forum to sites that treat the African heritage and ancient khemetic religion for a better refurbishing of Egypt's Paleochristian art. We, as Copts, deem very alienated from the heart of African traditions, be that Ethiopian, Sudanese, etc.
I would like to kindly propose to the members of this forum two links that have, to a personal degree, offered great insight on African (Coptic is part of the African) esoterism and knowledge
Africa Maat
Another site for the French-speaking members:
L'Antiquité tardive et paleochrétienne

Admin:
Thank you for your suggestions
First of all this forum is about kami not kimi, we use the original pronunciation here http://kame.danacbe.com/index.php?topic=2.0

As you said "most some of us don't speak English", but all of us speak Arabic and I think it will be hard to convince everyone to use English instead of Arabic
all of what we can do is to write both English and Arabic versions of the Important articles

Finally thank you for your valuable links and for your participation

Ahmesis:
I am currently studying John Martin Plumley's Introductory Coptic Grammar:
http://www.metalog.org/files/plum.html
Does that apply for the correct pronunciation?

Admin:
here you will find the original pronunciation
http://kame.danacbe.com/index.php?topic=118.0
this table was for the Bohairic dialect
it applies also to the Sahidic dialect except the letters Ⲃ (b or f), Ⲑ (t + h) or (t), Ϭ g (hard)

Ahmesis:
I have been reading lately Coptic religious books and have stumbled on this word:
jaji
How do you pronounce it in Bohairic? Jaji?
And another:
ouoh
I gather the Arabic article و is derived from ouoh.
According to the ancients, the word ouoh must have been used explicitly in chants to express devotion and multiple divine characteristics... The word ouoh must have been used rapidly and seemed to produce the phonetic waw as we know today.
Just a presumption...

P.S. Do we pronounce it in the abbreviated form "wuoh"? As an ancient Egyptian might do in everyday conversation? Instead of "oo-woh", as I hear in church liturgy?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go to full version