Advanced Search

Author Topic: copticsounds - a resource for the study of Coptic phonology  (Read 3963 times)

04 March , 2010, 11:31:36 AM
Read 3963 times

Offline oromi

• People said thank you: 2

Dear All,

I have set up a new website called copticsounds, on which you can find many books, articles and manuscripts about Coptic phonology.

http://copticsounds.wordpress.com/resources

At the moment there are over sixty files that you can view or download, including the rare book Coptic Sounds (1934) by William H Worrell. I hope that these resources will help promote more research into Coptic phonology, which I believe is the single greatest challenge to the revival of Coptic as a viable modern language.

To help add to the collection, I would be grateful if anyone could provide a link or reference for any sources in (English, Arabic or other languages) that I may have overlooked. I would be especially grateful if anyone has a copy of Fr Shenouda Maher Ishak’s (formerly Dr Emil Maher Ishak) D.Phil Thesis (1975) that they can send me as I haven't been able to get hold of it.

Ambrose

06 March , 2010, 09:58:04 PM
Reply #1

Offline FadyRaafat

• Global Moderator

• People said thank you: 0

Re: copticsounds - a resource for the study of Coptic phonology
« Reply #1 on: 06 March , 2010, 09:58:04 PM »
First I want to thank you for your precious site and I hope you also but coptic text by Worrell (all pages)

07 March , 2010, 11:19:37 PM
Reply #2

Offline Admin

• Administrator

• People said thank you: 12

• Ⲧⲉⲛⲁⲥⲡⲓ
« Reply #2 on: 07 March , 2010, 11:19:37 PM »
Thank you very much, those books you have placed are treasure we have been looking for long time ago
Most of Fr. Shenouda's books are in Arabic, so I really doubt u will benefit from it

12 March , 2010, 12:16:09 AM
Reply #3

Offline oromi

• People said thank you: 2

« Reply #3 on: 12 March , 2010, 12:16:09 AM »
Dear Admin,

Thank you for your kind words. I think that even Arabic books on Coptic pronunciation would be good to put on the website. I think it is good to put all the information in one place so people can use it if they understand it. Even if I cannot benefit from it myself, others will be able to. So please, if you have books and articles by Fr Shenouda send them to me so they can go on the website for everyone to use. I would especially like Fr Shenouda's Thesis written in English. Do you have it?

Ambrose

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11